- Do you have books that you no longer need that someone else would enjoy?
- Are you leaving Hanoi in June and don’t want to ship all of your books to your next posting?
- Do you want to donate your books to promote literacy in Vietnam?
The much anticipated SCO Used Book Sale will be held on
May 5 & 6, 2017 this year!
The Book Sale Coordinating Team will gladly accept your books to sell at our Used Book Sale, which is an opportunity for both kids and adults to purchase books at bargain prices.
The Book Drive is happening NOW, so make space on those bookshelves for ‘new’ books by donating before April 28!
Books are collected in the following locations:
- ECC/ES Student Homerooms
- MS Student Advisory Class
- HS Students can drop-off books in front of Common Room
- Community book collection box directly in front of the Library (Teachers and Staff can drop-off here!)
Where does all the money go?
The funds raised at the SCO Used Book Sale will be used to empower a variety of literacy projects created and led by UNIS Hanoi students through the Service Learning Programme. Currently, a Middle School service group is working in collaboration with a Grade 12 design student to develop a library in a school in Pu Bin and more literacy initiatives are in the works!
A lot of volunteers are needed to help sort/price books and then sell during the Book Sale. This year, the SCO has decided that each hard-working volunteer will have the opportunity to pre-purchase 1 book per 1.5 hour shift!
Book Sorting: April 20 and May 3 from 8.00 – 11.00 (Canteen)
Book Sales: May 5 from 8.00 – 16.30 and May 6 from 8.00 – 13.00 (Centre for the Arts)
Sign-up for shift here
If you have questions, or would like to be part of the team, please let us know!
Kelly Kim and Winnie Fano, Book Sale CoordinatorsContact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org