Important Information and Dates:
- Wednesday, January 30th: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Friday, February 1st: Blue Dragon Walkathon: More details below
- February 4-8: No School for Tet Holiday!
- March 3 (Sunday): Aquathlon (More details below)
Questions to ask your child:
- What have you learned about Iqbal in your lessons with Mr. Dylan?
- What is fair trade?
- How did we use bananas to learn about fair trade?
- What did you enjoy about the field trip to the Water Puppet Theater? How can we relate that to our Who We Are unit about understanding people’s beliefs and values?
- What does it mean to be a ‘good buddy?’
- What are you working on with your reading group?
- What books are you reading? What is Ms. Jenny reading to you?
- What are some of your mental math strategies?
- What is an array? What is multiplication? What math activities have you done to learn about it?
- What is the structure of a persuasive text? What are some things you are trying to improve upon in your writing?
Friday, February 1st @ 1:15 pmUNIS Hanoi Blue Dragon WALKATHON
We hope you are getting excited to come together and support the Blue Dragon Foundation!
Blue Dragon is an organization that supports young people in crisis throughout Vietnam. This organization works to help children living on the streets of Hanoi, children with disabilities, children from very poor families, and victims of human trafficking. Blue Dragon’s dedicated staff aid over 1,500 of the most vulnerable girls and boys in Vietnam.
You now have the sponsorship form to support your child as they walk to raise money to help other children in Vietnam. Please use the sponsorship form and send in your donations after the Walkathon. Cash donations can be submitted to your homeroom teacher OR donations can be made directly to Blue Dragon via their website. Students are welcome to invite friends and family abroad to support this worthy organization.
Donate to Blue Dragon
If donations are made directly on the Blue Dragon website, please write “UNIS Walkathon” in the message section (so donations can be tracked). Example:
Aquathlon, Sunday March 3