This week we continued our inquiry under the transdisciplinary theme Sharing the planet with the central idea: Understanding living things helps us share our environment and resources. The cicadas, beetles, frogs, butterflies, moths, spiders, fish, snails and other living things in the ECC are inspiring our inquiries. They are independently drawing, cutting and creating these animals with collage materials and using them in their play. The children are incorporating specific vocabulary into their play – “chrysalis,” “antennae,” “thorax,” “abdomen,” “responsibility,” “insect,” “nectar,” etc.
Show and Tell was a big hit this week. The children described their baby photos, and then the other children described them now at 4 and 5 years old. We talked about what is the same and different as we grow and change. We also compared our development to the life cycle of other things, such as butterflies, which grow and change very differently to humans.
Please follow this link to see photos from this week.
Show and Tell
- Show and Tell cancelled for next 2 weeks. We will be busy with concert rehearsals and many special events in the next 2 weeks.
Field Trip Form: Some of you that pick up your children from school signed a field trip permission form today. Monday, we will send permission slips home in backpacks for bus children. Please sign and return as soon as possible.
- Friday May 24th: K1C visits 20/10 again. Please make sure to have your child’s concert attire to school in a labeled bag by next Wednesday.
- Friday May 24th: Outdoor Classroom day. Please ensure your child is wearing sunscreen to school on this day. Please make sure s/he has a full change of clothes, a hat and a water bottle. (We will be joining in the fun a little late as we have the field trip in the morning)
- Thursday May 30th: Discovery & K1 Music Concert at 9am
- Friday May 31st: Early Dismissal for High School Graduation. Students leave at 11:30
- Wednesday June 12th: Last day of school, early dismissal at noon
Have a fantastic weekend!
Deborah & Thu