This week we have been exploring the concepts of perspective, unfairness, and conflict. We have participated in 4 different activities throughout the week that has given us a glimpse of what it might be like for others. For our Sharing the Planet unit of inquiry, we have been looking 4 different SDGs so that we can choose which one to inquire deeper into. Ask your children to explain what happened with Quality Education, Good Health and Well Being, Climate Action and Clean Water and Sanitation- might be an interesting perspective. Our class has voted and the results are in, we have chosen to dig deeper into SDG number 6, Clean Water and Sanitation. If any of you out there have some ideas, or knowledge that you would like to share with us please let me know. We want to make this an action-focused inquiry, so any ideas or knowledge is appreciated.
In math, we have been focusing on regrouping, and really getting our facts down. We have reviewed our strategies and are also trying to think of some new ones that might help us to solve problems in multiple ways so we remain flexible thinkers. We have been playing a fun game that requires us to regroup as we build to 100, and then back to 0. Some of us are wanting to move on to 200, so watch out!
In writing, we have begun our new focus on persuasive writing. We are using an OREO graphic organizer to help identify our opinions and then have examples to back it up. Get ready to be persuaded.
Some upcoming reminders:
- 8-24 April: SCO’s Used Book Drive – donations welcome!
- Saturday, 13 Apr: come cheer on UNIS Varsity Boys for APAC soccer at 10:00
- Monday, 15 Apr: no school
- Thursday, 18 Apr: Community Blood Drive 8:30-5:30, B7-1-104 Community Room
- Student-led conferences, Friday, 19 Apr (please sign up on Veracross)
- Shrek the Musical, Thursday 18th and Friday 19th at 6.30pm and Saturday 20th at 4pm. The show will run for approximately 2hrs and 20 min inc, 20 min interval and is suitable for all ages. Tickets are 150,000 VND each and are available from the Arts Office during class time. Come along and enjoy this big, bright, beautiful show!!
- 29 April to 1 May: no school
- 3-4 May: SCO Book Sale