We gathered together on Thursday morning to support our adopted team, the Canadian Falcons from Singapore. We had a lot of fun cheering them on as well as boosting the energy of our UNIS varsity team.
A Notes from our counsellor Ms.Kris…
Dear Parents of Grade 1 Students,
Over the next few weeks our D-2 School Counselor, Kris Bezzerides, will begin a series of lessons about Body Safety. One of the main goals for these lessons is to provide our children with knowledge and teach protective behaviors in regards to their bodies and their right to be safe.
These lessons are age – appropriate and non-threatening. They are designed to empower students.
A typical series of lessons will include:
- “My Body Belongs to Me” – being aware of and taking care of my body
- “Safe Touch”/ “Comfortable and Uncomfortable feelings” – understanding personal boundaries and how to keep yourself safe
- Identifying trusted adults that you can tell
Please see Ms. Bezzerides (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about these lessons or how to talk with your children about this topic at home.
Additional resources for parents can be found at
- Save the Date: Student-Led Conferences will take place on Friday, April 19th. (8am-4pm Grade 1 Conference Times Only). Please ensure that you have signed up for an available time slot on Veracross.
- Due to the Hung King National Holiday there will be no school on Monday, April 15th.
- For those of you not traveling over the long weekend you are invited to join Ms.Michelle for a Maker Day Extravaganza on Saturday, April 13th from 8:45-11:00am.
- Calling all Book Donations!!! We are looking for any used books that you may be willing to part with for the upcoming SCO Book Fair. All donations are appreciated (home language books, children’s books, adult books, travel/cook books!).
- Book week costume reminder: Thursday and Friday the 2nd/3rd of May. Please support in finding (or making!) a costume of a favourite book character along with a copy of the book.