With the easing of some restrictions in Hanoi, the UNIS Hanoi Library is once more offering its remote borrowing service. Thank you to all the families who have already ordered books – your parcels are ready and labelled and will be dropped at Gate 1 starting Monday 27th of April. This is a reminder for everyone about how the borrowing system works:
Physical Book Borrowing
- We run a “remote borrowing service” for our families who are in Hanoi and can collect books at the front gate. Please browse the library catalogue here and use the following forms to write down your selections.
You can email your forms to the library or include them in a library bag dropped at the gate. Alternatively you can send an email with your selections to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The books will be delivered to the front gate of UNIS Hanoi every Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9am and 11am. If the books are not collected on the requested day, the materials will need to be returned to the library. Books cannot be left outside after 3pm.
- You can also return books at any time by dropping them into the big box labelled LIBRARY at the front gate.
- If you are departing Hanoi, you can also leave the library and text books at the box at the front gate on Monday, Wednesday or Friday for collection.
- The library team has curated a LibGuide for accessing digital materials including eBooks and audible books. This will be constantly updated with new materials. This provides a wealth of listening and reading choices for the whole family.
- We have added a tremendous number of eBooks to our digital collection. The borrowing of these books is straightforward and explained in a screencast on the LibGuide. The hidden benefit of an eBook is that it returns itself automatically after 14 days, so you don’t need to remember to return it. However, it is easy to extend these books by yourself at the click of a button. We use the app Sora to “host” our eBooks.
- We would highly encourage everyone to download the app SORA on the device that you intend to read your eBooks. Sora hosts all of our eBooks and audiobooks. It is very user friendly, comes in a range of languages and will host up to 6 devices on one download. Most people prefer to read the eBooks on iPads but many people do use phones or laptops. Each member of the family should use their own school login and password to read from their own Sora account.
Other Services Found On The Libguide
- Author read alouds can be found daily
- Access to free audio books ready to download
- Tumblebooks – a vast number of books available for reading and viewing
- Epic reading – free home access to students who use Epic in the classroom
- Book trailers to introduce you to some of the newest books in our digital collection