On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to welcome all new and returning parents, students, faculty and staff to the 2020-2021 school year. We are delighted to have all of you in our school community this year. While we expect ongoing challenges related to the pandemic, we champion the School’s theme “Stronger Together” and look forward to an exciting year of learning, friendship and growth ahead.
For those new to UNIS Hanoi, the Board has six primary responsibilities:
- To hire, nurture and evaluate the Head of School who is responsible for the day to day management of the School
- To develop strategic plans, ensuring their implementation and monitoring progress
- To develop and approve school policy
- To ensure the financial health of the School
- Leading and supporting Governance as Leadership Training Institute (GALTI) at UNIS Hanoi
- To provide leadership to support and drive institutional fundraising.
Our goals for this year are the following;
- COVID-19 Pandemic Monitoring and Strategic Planning
- Completion of 2020-2023 Strategic Plan
- Financial Oversight
- Governance Training and Leadership
- Fundraising Leadership
Board updates are provided throughout the year via Tin Tuc articles or direct emails.
In the coming weeks, I will provide you with details of our new UN-appointed Board member. In the meantime, welcome to the new school year at UNIS Hanoi!