The School health Centre is seeing a very high number of students with fever. We have received a few medical reports positive for influenza (Flu).
Many students detail to the nurse that they were sick before coming to school. Unfortunately, there is nothing we are able to do except send your children home, but not before they have passed their germs onto other students on the school bus and in the classroom.
What can parents do to help minimize the cross infection risk to our students, staff and UNIS Hanoi community:
- If your child is unwell in the morning take their temperature.
- Keep your child at home if they have a fever of 38 degrees C / 100 degrees F
- Ensure your child stays at home at least one full day after a fever has broken naturally, without fever-reducing medicines. This allows their body time to fully recover.
- Ensure your child stays home for one full day after the last episode of diarrhea and/or vomiting.
- Notify the nurses at email@example.com of illness so we can continue to monitor
Many thanks for your ongoing support,
School Health Centre Nurses