It was wonderful to have many of you in the classroom on Tuesday. Please know, you are welcome to come in at any time.
Explorations This Week
- We learned a new math game! Leap Frog focuses on effectively communicating mathematical thinking and for another to expressing our thinking in a number line model. Below are the game materials if you wish to play at home! Leap Frog
- This week we looked at schools around the world and with a Visible Thinking Routine created plans to answer the question “How might we make schools more equitable?”
- Our unit of inquiry focus this week was on circumstances. This video prompted discussions and how circumstances might quickly change. We played a circumstances game in which students connected privileges, chances, opportunities to circumstances.
- We continue to work on our persuasive writing. In varying small groups students developed vocabulary to effectively communicate an argument.
Something to Try at Home
- Home language is critical to develop understanding. It would be very valuable to your child’s development to translate these unit of inquiry words into a home language: opportunity, privilege, circumstance, chance, equity, inequity, accessibility.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out should you have additional questions.