- Friday, September 27: EAL Coffee Morning with Mr. David Carter; 8:30 – 9:30 Creativity Space
- Monday, September 30 (10:00am – 6:00pm): ES Parent-Teacher Conferences (no school/ASAs/UMA)
- Next week is Week B.
REMINDERS / INFORMATION
- How We Organize Ourselves: parent letter for new unit
- Dance Mat Typing: In 2C, the students are using a typing program called Dance Mat Typing. Some parents have asked us for information on how children can use this program at home. This is the link: https://www.dancemattypingguide.com/dance-mat-typing/level1_stage1.html. You may need to install flash in order for the program to work on your computer (or disable the pop-up/ad blocker in Chrome). Also, if you would like to play the levels in full screen mode, make sure you click on the hyperlink (blue text) located towards the bottom of the screen.If you have anymore questions, you can contact our ES Technology & Innovation Coach, Neal Clart at: email@example.com
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What is a recount?
- What are the parts of a recount?
- What does it mean to be “open-minded”?
- Why is it important not to turn the volume up too high on headphones?
- How do you plan to live our values Friendship, Learning,
Fun, Teamwork, Communication, Trying Hard, and Caring for the Environment in 2C?
- What do the people of Vietnam value and how do they show it during Moon Festival?
- What are odd and even numbers? How do you say “odd” and “even” in our home language?
- What are Number Trains? How can they be the same and how can they be different?
Video of 2C Telling a Recount: click on link
Part of learning about Moon Festival in our How We Express Ourselves unit.
PHOTOS TO SHARE AND DISCUSS WITH YOUR CHILD (click on arrow to see whole album)