REMINDERS / INFORMATION
- We have just begun our new Unit of Inquiry with the Central Idea: “We explore to discover and understand our world.” Is anyone an explorer who would like to come to school and share their experiences with Grade 2? If yes, please email me and let me know.
- November 11: no school for students, teacher professional development day.
- November 13: Snack Sale. Students may bring up to 20,000 VND to buy a snack. Snacks cost 10,000 VND each.
- November 19: ES Open Classrooms. More information will be coming.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What is your new Unit of Inquiry about? What did you learn about explorers and exploration this week? How were you an explorer in the Maker Space and on campus this week?
- What are different ways we spell the long-a sound in English?
- What books did you read with Ms. Hue or Mr. David?
- How did you try to understand the problem in the 3-act math task called The Candy Bowl? Remember, in the beginning there were 48 Twix and Snickers. 26 Milky Way were added the next day and then there were a total of 54 candies. What did you try to find out?
Making sense of the Candy Bowl problem: