Dear 2C Families,
What a fabulous week. We have so much enjoyed getting to know your children. We have been exploring and inquiring into our learning space and becoming a connected community.
Paper Bag Activity for this weekend
Check your child’s bag after school on Friday. All instructions are included on the bag. Please place objects that your child wishes to use to share about themselves in the bag and make sure they bring in the bag on Monday, August 19.
Some helpful information to get the year started.
- Lunchtime: Remember to send ID card with money credited to your child’s account or send a home packed lunch.
- Buses: If you child is not going home on the bus, please contact the transport coordinator and cc me and Ms. Hue into the email (email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Hats are required during recess breaks and PE. Please send water bottles every day.
- We have a snack time in the morning inside the classroom. Please send a healthy snack that will help your child be focused and ready to learn.
- A class schedule was sent home on Wednesday. I will notify you once we have selected a library day.
- Parent Back to School Night – 5th September 2019. 6:00pm to 7.30pm. A time to learn more about the Elementary School and 2C.
- Photo Day for 2C is Friday, August 30, 10:40-11:00.
- If you need to contact me specifically about your child, my email is email@example.com. During the school day I do not regularly check email; for urgent matters please contact the E.S. office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next Week is Week B on the schedule
Ms. Laura and Ms. Hue
Photos from this week:
From the Music Department: Aristocats auditions are coming!
Here is a brief summary of the story:
When a retired opera singer leaves her inheritance to her cat, Duchess and three kittens, the woman’s butler drugs the cats and abandons them in the countryside in order to inherit the fortune himself. Lost in unfamiliar territory, Duchess and the kittens meet Thomas O’Malley, an alley cat willing to help them return to their home in Paris. They meet several kooky characters along the way, including two English geese and an alley cat jazz band.
If you would like to try out, you should sign up for an audition time, which will take place on the following days during lunch: August 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 26th and 27th. For the audition, you will need to sing a short but dramatic song and act out part of the story. The musical will be performed in December and the rehearsals will take place on Mondays and Fridays after school.