This week, we started our ‘How We Organize Ourselves’ unit. As a pre-assessment, the children answered some questions about the internet on Seesaw. This was a great way to see what they already knew about the topic – we hope to build on this knowledge as the unit progresses.
It was also International Dot Day on Tuesday! Thank you for your help in ensuring your child wore something with dots. They looked amazing!
For parents of EAL children, the EAL Virtual Coffee Morning will be hosted on Zoom next Friday 25th September at 9:15am. The link and details are listed below:
Grade 2 Virtual EAL Coffee Morning
- Time: Sep 25, 2020 09:15 AM Vietnam
- Zoom Meeting link
- Meeting ID: 959 3313 7463
- Passcode: UNISG2
- Next week is Week B
- Next Monday 21st September is International Peace Day – students should wear something white or blue
- Next Thursday 24th September is the Moon Festival – students are encouraged to come to school in traditional Vietnamese costume (áo dài)
- Next Friday 25th September is the Virtual EAL Coffee Morning
- Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom) on Thursday October 1st
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
What is something you enjoyed this week?
What is a digital citizen?
What kind of citizen are you?
What things in our home are digital?
How do you play ‘I Spy a Number’?
What Math rotations did you do on Friday?
What are the features of a recount?
What have you written about in your recounts?