REMINDERS / INFORMATION
Please have your child return the Holiday Celebration homework sheet by Monday December 9 so that we can use it in class.
If any parent would like to come and share a short explanation of a particular festival that is celebrated in the winter break please let me know and I can arrange a time in our morning (8.10 -8.30) or afternoon (3.10-3.30) meeting times during the week of December 9-13.
We are looking forward to an engaging “dip” into our year-long unit, “Cultures express creativity in many ways”. Students will be exploring different forms of cultural expression, and thinking about cultural values linkned to festivals.
14 Dec – 5 Jan Winter Break
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What is your plan and draft of an information report about?
- What was the book about that you read with Ms. Keri this week?
- What subtraction activity did you do this week? What are the mathematical names for the numbers in a subtraction equation?
- What does it mean to “interpret data in a bar graph”?
- Tell me about your field trip graph. What questions did you write for me to solve? (on Seesaw)
- What facts did you put in your Google Slides presentation? How are you making your presentation more attractive, clearer, more interesting?
- What is the difference between “tinkering”, “making” and “engineering” that you learned about in Maker Space?
Please take some time with your child to look at our field trip slideshow – enjoy a glimpse of our exploration of the Hanoi Botanical Gardens!