REMINDERS / INFORMATION
The week before winter break (Dec. 9-13) we will be reconnecting to our How We Express Ourselves unit by exploring festivals that are celebrated around the world at this time of year. To help your child explain any festivals that you celebrate, I will be sending home a homework sheet on Monday. Could you please fill out this sheet with your child and return the sheet by Friday December 6 so that we can use it in class.
If any parent would like to come and share a short explanation of a particular festival that is celebrated in the winter break please let me know and I can arrange a time in our morning (8.10 -8.30) or afternoon (3.10 -3.30) meeting times.
- December 2: Field trip to the botanical gardens.We will be leaving school at 8:30 and taking the bus back at 12:15 to be back in time for lunch. Your child will need a snack, hat, water bottle, walking shoes and a light bag to carry these things in.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What math practice behaviours help you when you play math games related to subtraction?
- What math tools do you use the most when solving subtraction problems?
- What is your macro-topic and micro-topics for your information report?
- What discoveries have you made in your area of exploration (land, ocean, or space)?
- How will you publish your discoveries?
- What items will you pack in your explorer suitcase?
- What things did you find on Google Earth?