Dear Grade Two Parents,
Happy Arts and Music Week! Students had a great week getting musical and creative during our daily Arts activities. They made wonderful music in our Assembly on Thursday!
- Next week, Grade Two students will continue swimming in PE lessons. Please refer to the email sent home this week for more information or contact Mr. Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The sun is out and it is getting hot. Always bring a hat, and a full water bottle to school.
- Next Friday is Moving Up Morning, where we will celebrate all we have accomplished in grade two and visit our new grade three community (either in the real world or digitally!). Students moving on from UNIS will have special activities during this morning.
- Students will need a paper towel roll for next week’s UOI final project.
- All library books are due back in the library.
This week we inquired into different forms of cultural expression through workshops learning about and making masks and textiles, creating new hairstyles and dress, and performing plays. Ask us how we expressed our values and creativity during these activities.
Continuing our inquiry into Shapes and Geometry, students explored nets and created 3D shapes. They divided shapes into equal pieces, and began an exploration of multiplication through arrays.
In reading this week, students practiced reading with expression and fluency. They enjoyed performing Reader’s Theater with their classmates. Ask them to tell you about the role they played. In writing, inspired by different Arthur stories by Marc Brown, students planned, drafted, revised, and edited realistic fiction stories.
The Grade Two Team