Enjoy the break!
We wish you all a safe and wonderful winter break. Enjoy yourselves whether you are traveling or staying in Hanoi.
All the best,
Daniel and Ha
Possible connections to learning for over the break:
- Where We Are In Place and Time (Exploration)
For several weeks, students in grade two have been inquiring into the central idea: We explore to discover and understand our world.
“Exploration” can take place in another city, another country or even right here in Hanoi.
Some areas to think about or talk about over the break are:
– What did you need to pack?
– Where did you go? What transportation did you take?
– What interesting discoveries did you make? (landmarks, natural wonders, sights, food,
– How has travel and exploration affected your destination? Are there any negative impacts?
How We Express Ourselves
In this year-long unit we are exploring how cultures express their creativity. Some things you can discuss with your child over the break are: Are you celebrating anything over the break? What do you do that is special? What traditions do you have? What does your family or culture value?
- 14 January Grade 4 Market Day
- 20 January Grade 2 Field Trip to the Temple of Literature (part of our year-long unit)
- 22 January Student-Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 24 January – 2 February Tet (Lunar New Year) Break