This week I sent home a Holiday Celebration homework sheet to collect information about any winter festivals your family celebrates. Thank you to the families that have returned this sheet. If your child has not completed yet please complete and return this sheet by the 9th December so we can use in class.
If any parent would like to come and share a short explanation of a particular festival that is celebrated in the winter break please let me know and I can arrange a time in our morning (8.10 -8.30) or afternoon (3.10 -3.30) meeting times.
As part of our Digital Citizenship unit we participated in writing a story with 5 classes from around the world. This week the tale was completed 7 weeks after it was started and was uploaded to youtube. Click on this link to enjoy our story. I wonder if you can guess which part 2A wrote?
- Winter break Saturday 14th December 2019 – Monday 6th January 2019
- Library Monday
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What facts did you put in your Google Slides presentation? How are you making your presentation more attractive, clearer, more interesting?
- What is the difference between “tinkering”, “making” and “engineering” that you learned about in Maker Space?
- Which part of the traveling tale did you create?
- What was your favourite part of school this week?
- What was the most challenging part of school this week?
- Who did you play with and what did you do during recesses?
- How do you feel about adding and subtracting numbers?
- What excited you about the exploration unit this week?