An invite to Open Classrooms
You are invited to share your child’s learning during open classrooms on Tuesday, November 19th. Open classroom in 2A is being held in the following periods:
The green sessions are open to parents.
After a number talk, your child will play a math game using addition, subtraction and number lines. They will also work on problems to show their knowledge of number strategies.
By using nonfiction text features, you will learn with your child about the area they plan to explore during this unit.
We look forward to your participation.
REMINDERS / INFORMATION
December 2: field trip to the botanical gardens. We will be leaving school at 8:30 and taking the buses back at 11:45 to be back in time for lunch.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What was your favourite part of school this week?
- What was the most challenging part of school this week?
- Who did you play with and what did you do during recesses?
- What did you learn about space, land or oceans?
- What are the parts of an information report?
- What did you do in the maker space this week?
- Which strategy do you like to use to answer subtraction equations?