Thank you for helping your child participate in Naked Snack Day! It was good to see no trash coming from our lunch boxes and the children were really excited to show us their healthy snacks.
What a huge difference we could make if we made this conscious effort every day!
It’s been a busy week of learning in 1A. We wrote our pre assessment response text about our cuddly reading buddy, learned a new math game with Ms Beth, began to learn about the different food groups, had our first ever spelling test, and did a really cool science experiment about germs! Phew!
Here’s a few questions you can ask your child to find out their connections to our new learning.
- Why do you like your teddy? What did you write in your response writing?
- Can you remember what Ms Beth taught us about the rekenrek? What side should the white beads be on?
- Can you tell me the different food groups and what they do for our bodies?
- How can we stop germs? What are germs?
- What do you do doing mindfulness time? Why do we have mindfulness time?
Here’s some photos from our week…
Response Writing Pre Assessment
Food Group Sorting and Learning
Rekenrek and Tens Frame Game with Ms Beth
In the back cover of your child’s blue communication book…
…is the log in details for Raz Kids Reading A-Z. This is a reading programme that you can use at home to help your child be successful in reading. Go to www.kidsa-z.com and then follow the username and password instructions. Once in the reading room click on the spaceship that says ‘level up’ and your child can read a whole range of texts at their independent level. They can earn points and do comprehension questions as well. Let me know if you come across any difficulties.
- Don’t forget to sign up for a parent conference by Sunday. I’m looking forward to seeing you all on Monday to talk about your children.
- Grade 1 math coffee morning is Wednesday October 31st. 8:30am. More details to come after the break.
- On Monday the 22nd of October we will be taking a field trip to our local Fivimart to buy ingredients to make some healthy snacks. If you would like to be a parent volunteer for this trip (from 8-10am) please let me know at parent conferences.