New Math Games
This week during our math lessons, we introduced some new games. Two of the games that the students LOVED learning were 3-2-1 Salute and Flip 10. The students are becoming fluid with their number knowledge from 1-5 and 1-10. We also had other math sessions having the students describe their thinking by drawing and writing their thoughts. Grade 1B are amazing mathematicians.
Unit of Inquiry
During our UOI time, the students were given a puzzle that they had to put together in teams. One of the puzzles was of a typical Hanoi traffic intersection and one was of a highway in Australia. While working collaboratively, the students realized that the Hanoi puzzle was very hard because the cars and motorbikes were driving in every direction. The Australian highway puzzle was a bit easier because there were lines and it appeared that everyone stayed in a line to drive. During reflection time, we learned that having a system and a set of routines is easier for us to function. This was another example of learning about our central idea: Communities have a set of Routines and Systems to help them Function.
Introducing our ECC Counselor
Ms Anissa, our ECC School Counselor, came in and introduced us to what she does at our school. She read the book Mrs Joyce Gives the Best High-Fives: Introducing the School Counselor by Erainna Winnett. The students loved hearing about all of the things that Ms Anissa will do to help our students this school year like talk about feelings and emotions. We look forward to learning more from Ms Anissa.
- Tomorrow is Dot Day. Please have your child wear dots to school tomorrow. Please remember to have your child read his/her take home reader to you each night and sign the communication book. Please return each day in the green take home folder. Thank you for your help.
- Please join us for a UNIS’ 30th Birthday Assembly Tuesday, September 19th at 2pm in the Sports Center. Please have your child wear BLUE!!!
- Swimming during PE class starts next Wednesday. Please have your child bring his/her swimming costume, towel, google and swim cap (for long hair students). Your child will need all of these items for Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for 3 weeks.
- Snack Sale, Wednesday, September 20th. Please send 20,000 VND for your child to pick 2 snacks for that day.
- Please send in Headphones for your child.
- EAL Coffee Morning Friday, September 15th, 8:30 – 9:30am in the Community Room Explaining the EAL programme for EAL parents.