All grade 6 – 10 parents are invited to attend this 2-part parent series focusing on teaching parents about the Middle Years Programme. Please register here
What is the MYP (Oct 23 / Jan 22) Is a lecture based talk designed to give you basic understanding of the MYP concepts and language surround our curriculum.
- What is conceptual learning / understanding?
- What is the purpose of the statement of inquiry and inquiry questions?
- What does learning in context mean? – (global contexts)
- Assessment in the MYP – How does criterion based assessment work?
- formative and summative assessment
- Approaches to Learning Skills (ATLs)
Applying the MYP (Nov 6 / Jan 29) is a hands-on workshop where parents will be engaged in activities to acquire a deeper understanding of how the MYP works in practice!
- How do students engage with assessment rubrics?
- Example of developing conceptual understanding.
- The explicit teaching of ATL skills
- Spend a short time in 2 different MYP classrooms then debrief what we see.
These sessions are created to build on each other and will also be repeated in semester 2 if you are unable to make these events (Jan 22 and Jan 29).
Questions? Contact MYP Coordinator, Daniel Cooper: firstname.lastname@example.org