On Wednesday we were very fortunate to welcome Ms Huyen and her class from Sai Dong Kindergarten to spend the morning with us. Ms Huyen has been my Early Childhood Education Renovation Program (ECERP) partner teacher and she has spent four weeks with K2D throughout the course of this year. ECERP is a program through which UNIS teachers work with their Vietnamese counterparts to improve teaching in local schools. Wednesday was special because it was the first time that our children have met and interacted. I was very proud of how well K2D hosted the children from Sai Dong. Despite language challenges, K2D were caring and patient as they demonstrated and participated in activities with their new friends.
How We Express Ourselves
K2D have started our final unit of inquiry for the year. It is a How We Express Ourselves unit with the central idea:
Artists express ideas and emotions for different purposes.
The lines of Inquiry are:
- Inspiration of artists
- Different art mediums for expression
- Experiencing and appreciating a variety of art forms
Thought the course of this unit the children will explore many forms of art and have many opportunities to experiment and create.
On Thursday we were very lucky to have Bao Yen’s mum, Huyen, come and read to us a Vietnamese cautionary tale about a duck who didn’t listen to her teacher. Lucky we don’t have any ducks like that in our class. 🙂
- Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 are school holidays celebrating Vietnamese Victory Day. May 1 is International Labor Day and is also a holiday from school.
- Thursday 2 May is the ES book character parade for book week. Your child is encouraged to come to school dressed as their favourite book character.
- Friday 3 May is our MRISA assembly. Your child is encouraged to wear UNIS clothes to support our MRISA volleyball teams.
Have a wonderful long weekend.