It is so hard to believe that it is May already and we have just one more month left of the school year. At the moment, I am busy assessing student learning in reading, writing and mathematics, and it makes me feel so proud to see evidence of each child’s amazing progress. Each child has improved SO MUCH ! They are all definitely ready for Grade 1.
Eric Carle has written so many wonderful children’s books. Ask your child to retell the story of The Grouchy Ladybug and I See A Song.
Sadly, it’s time for us to start thinking about the end of the year and and the people who will be leaving UNIS. In order to leave well we must communicate our thoughts to the people that we connected with here in Hanoi. With the help of our kind and caring counselor, our “leavers’ have commenced Student Transition Counseling Programme. ( After 33 years of teaching,Toby Bear and I, have decided to take a ‘Gap Year’ next year and will spend time at home in Australia with family.)
If you and your child enjoy singing, dancing, playing musical instruments, storytelling, puppet shows or have any other creative, artistic special ‘talent’ you would like to perform as a special 2-3 minute performance.. Please sign up here.. On any of these days/times that suits.
This is optional and a fun way for parents to be role-models of how to be risk-takers too !
A note from Ms Alexis:
The K2 and Grade 1 Music Concert and Art Exhibition will be held on Thursday, May 23rd at 9am. The students are excited to showcase their work in the Arts for the UNIS Community! The Art Exhibition will begin immediately following the concert.
Please note the following information regarding the performance.
- Students will come to school at the regular time on Thursday, May 23rd, and will be brought to the Center for the Arts by their homeroom teacher.
- Coffee and tea will be served for parents in the Center for the Arts Foyer at 8:30am and the music concert will begin promptly at 9am.
Please click here to find out more about the Concert Attire for K2 and Grade 1 students Please label your child’s clothes and send them in a labeled bag to school by Friday, May 17th as they will be used in dress rehearsals and at the concert.
|Grades K2 & G1||UNIS Hanoi performing arts shirt – royal blue||Long black trousers, leggings or tracksuit pants.|
- Weekly on Saturdays: Library Open for Community until Jun 8, 2019 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Monday, May 13: ES Snack Sale ⋅8:10 – 10:05am In order for your child to purchase a snack, please send him/her to school with money (Cost: 10,000VND per snack/ Limit 2 snacks per child).
Thursday, May 16, Friday May 17, Saturday May 18Seussical Jr. – ES Musical ProductionDon’t miss the opportunity to enjoy our talented ES students in the Grade 4-5 Musical Production! Tickets for Seussical Jr. (our Grades 4-5 Musical) are on sale in the Arts Office (G29) – in the foyer of the Arts Center. Tickets cost 80,000 VND
Friday, May 31: Early Dismissal Grades D-8 11:30 – 11:30am ( Due the Graduation Ceremony)
- Friday, June 7th: ES Moving Up Morning⋅ 8:40 – 10:05am. Students spend time in their new classrooms with their new classmates.
- Friday, June 7th: K2 End of Year celebration 11am – 12 noon Parents invited to join K2 in the ECC Gym for shared ‘party Lunch: More details soon.
- Tuesday, June 11⋅1:15 – 1:45pm Farewell assembly for Discovery – Grade 5 students leaving UNIS.
Wednesday, June 12 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL Early Dismissal 12:00 noon