Greetings 5C Community,
Welcome to our first blog post of the year. We have had a wonderful time this week getting to know each other by engaging in community building activities and by developing routines that allow us to work safely and productively. I feel very privileged to be working with your children.
Class schedules and calendars have been sent home. For new families to 5C, the calendars mark holidays, school events, celebrations and teacher only days that take place throughout the year. It is advisable to look over the months ahead to avoid unexpected surprises.
This blog is the main form of communication between 5C and home. Each week I will post what we have done during the week and preview what to expect the following week. Reminders of important dates to save will be posted and updated. I add dinner time questions which are a great way to engage in conversations with your child about school.
Additionally, I will post photos of 5C students hard at work (see photos below).
Tin Tuc Weekly News
Our primary communication platform at UNIS Hanoi is the Tin Tuc weekly email. Every Friday afternoon, you will receive Tin Tuc in your inbox, which contains information that is curated especially for you. The Tin Tuc weekly news will contain links to news and blogs from the following:
- Your child’s homeroom and specialist blogs. If you have more than one child, you will receive ONE email, with news from each of your child’s teachers.
- Your child’s school division (Elementary, Middle or High school)
- Whole school news
If you do not receive Tin Tuc this week, please send an email directly to email@example.com.
SeeSaw – The student platform
This year students are using ‘Seesaw’ to share and communicate with families! Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. Seesaw is private; only people who are invited to view will see posts created by your child. It is also a great way for other members of your child’s extended family to share in what they are up to at school.
Please Sign Up Now
- Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/459-796-750
- Choose your child from the list
- Create your account
- Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
P.S. If you used Seesaw last year or have more than one child using Seesaw, follow the link above, then click the ‘Sign in’ tab at the top of the screen. You do not need to create a new account.
The following are a few reminders to ensure your child is able to participate fully in class.
Each day students should bring.
- A hat to enjoy outside play
- A reusable water bottle. I can’t stress enough the importance of hydration in this hot humid weather.
- Personal headphones (a mic is optional, but important for clear recording). Personal headphones reduce the risk of ear and hair issues being shared amongst students.
- Inform the transport office should you need to make changes to your child’s bus travel plans.
- A pencil case.
G5 Activities and Physical Education Requirements
Your child is a pre-teen and with this comes the responsibility of organising their needs. As the weather continues to be hot and sticky, all G5 students need to think about their hygiene requirements. Some suggestions are as follows:
- Use an antiperspirant each day
- Bring a change of clothes, for after lunch play on the soccer fields
- Have a change of clothes to change into after PE lessons
- Air shoes out over the weekends to avoid foot odor
For those of you whom I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting yet, you can read a short brief, in the “About Mr Nathan” section of our class blog. Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you at our ‘Back-to-School Night’ on the evening of September 5th. You can also drop me an email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org. I do not answer emails while I’m teaching, so if you need a timely response, please contact the ES office.
Save the Date:
September 5th – Back to School Night
Dinner Time Talk
- What games did G5 play this week to develop team spirit?
- What is growth mindset?
“Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community”
– Anthony J. D’Angelo