Week 3 in 4B
On Thursday we met our Grade 1 Buddies from 1B. We had a great time getting to know our new friends. Look out for a See Saw post about each students new buddy.
Here is a great set of photographs from visit last week to the Makerspace (images courtesy of Mr Neal)
Back to School Night
Given our shared commitment to successful partnerships between parents and our school, we warmly invite you to attend your child’s Back To School Night presentations on Thursday, September 5th, 2019 where you will have the opportunity to hear from homeroom and specialist teachers about the year ahead. All Back To School Night presentations from Discovery to Grade 5, will be shared on one evening only.
The programme will run as follows:
6.00 – 6.30pm Homeroom Presentation (session1) 4B Classroom
6.35 – 7.05pm . Homeroom Presentation (session 1 repeated) 4B Classroom
Ongoing from 6.00pm – 7.30pm
Specialist Teacher Information Ly Thai To Learning Centre (B08b) (above canteen)
You are invited to attend an information session hosted by your child’s homeroom teacher, as well as to visit your child’s specialist teachers. All homeroom presentations will be available via the homeroom blog after the evening has concluded. A bell will ring at the end of each session to ensure that everyone has enough time to get to the next presentation of the evening.
At our Back To School evening, you can expect that your child’s teachers will share with you a range of information including:
- Important members of your child’s educational team, and their contact details
- Methods of communication between school and home (Blogs, email, ES Tin Tuc, etc)
- What’s different to the previous grade & highlights for this year
- Key areas of focus in Language, Mathematics and Units of Inquiry
- Important aspects of your child’s schedule
- Home learning as it relates to your child’s grade level
- How to best support your child’s learning this year in partnership with the school
Our specialist teachers look forward to meeting you in the Ly Thai To Learning Centre (Building 8B – above the canteen). Here you will find teachers from EAL (English as an Additional Language), Library, Technology, Physical Education, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, World Languages and our Student Support Services Team (Learning Support, Counseling & Speech-Language Pathology) as well as representatives from our Co-Curricular office, school store and Primary Years Programme coordinator.
- September 2 is a holiday- no school on Monday.
- September 5 is Back to School Night-please meet in 4B at either time
- September 12 Moon Festival- Students and teachers wear Ao Dai. These can be purchased downtown.