This week we have been learning how to write descriptions by looking at objects from different perspectives (colour, size, shape, number etc). To help us with these descriptions, and also to provide the children with a “mindful buddy”, please could your child bring a small, soft toy from home which they will keep at school. Please make sure it is not their most beloved toy!
On Thursday morning we met for the first time with our new Grade 5 buddies. We played community games and got to know each other. We’ll get together every other week.
In Maths this week, we have been practising the ty / teen numbers. Please encourage your child to practise counting forwards and backwards to 32. We also played with dominoes to practise seeing which quantity is “greater than” or “less than”.
In UoI we thought about systems that help our community. We read the book What if Everybody Did, and then shared ideas about what it would be like if everybody did the wrong thing at school! We then made our own version of What if Everybody Did.
How to support at home: We defined a system as different parts/people working together so something can work properly. Talk with your child in your home language about the different people or parts that help your family/household to work properly (or function).
We will visit the library every Friday to exchange and browse books. Here are some pictures from today:
- Remember to sign up for Seesaw, your child’s E-portfolio. An email was sent on Thursday the 30th of August with instructions on how to do this.
- Please do not send money with your child to top up their lunch cards. The G1 children are too young to use the machines. Please either top up online, ask an older sibling to top up, or do it after school with a grown up.
- Thank you to those who have brought in headphones. If you haven’t, please send in a pair over the next week. There is a special offer at Miniso right now (thanks Stacy and Emilie for the information!)
- Parent Questionnaires– we still have a few that haven’t made it back to school. It’s very useful information for us.
- Back to School night is also on Thursday the 6th from 6-8pm. We hope you can be there to hear about the exciting things your child will learn this year.
- Please could your child bring a “mindful buddy” – soft toy – to school to keep in class.