We are looking to create a group of people interested in supporting the UNIS Library and promote the sense of community around it.
The objective is to create a pool of parents and students who are willing to support the UNIS Library projects when needed;
This group could also create their own activities for the community around the Library.
Project ideas may include:
- Book clubs ( parents, students, cultural community)
- Offer a presence on Saturday mornings at the Library to help and welcome visitors
- Provide help to users with the digital collections
- Storytelling for kids ( Why not having someone from one of our community come and read a few stories on Saturday mornings)
- Meet an Author activity
- Creative Writing shops
- Board and educative games activities
- Sleepover at the library for ES classes
- Read-a-thon competition
And many more…
If any of those subjects interest you, send your name and email to this address.
When the time comes, we’ll get in touch with you. You are also more than welcome to come up with new ideas and projects. You’re involvement is the key here. We want to spread the joy of reading to our kids and also offer the parents the possibility to be present at the library.
Alexis Rodrigue-Lafleur; co-coordinator of the UNIS Book Sale