Students are still getting the chance to get their hands on their favourite reads thanks to a creative delivery service implemented by the School’s library department.
Since the beginning of distance learning, our librarians have been giving students the chance to select books virtually and collect them from the School gate or have them delivered straight to their front door!
“It’s been crazy busy here” revealed Monica Mayer, the ES librarian. “We pack up at least 50 books a day for students in Elementary School and Middle School. We’re delighted our families love the service.”
Together with her colleague, Kate Hodgson, the librarians continue to work closely with home base teachers and English teachers to recommend great reads for children of all ages and abilities. What’s more, the duo keep the online library full with the latest releases, including free art books from the Guggenheim Museum in New York.
One happy parent said of the service, “Our boys were so happy and excited to receive books at the gate. It really helps to add this into their routine and get them excited to read new books.”
Library Borrowing During School Closure
Instructions for Students:
- Return your books to the library book return box located just inside Gate 1.
- Return your books Monday to Friday between 8am – 4pm.
- Books must be returned in a named bag.
- Browse DESTINY, our online library catalogue, to look for great books to read.
- Fill in the Book Borrowing form for your Division. You can download the form for ECC, Elementary and MS/HS and print it out. There will be additional forms available at the table near the return box. You can also check our catalogue online to see specific titles and if they are currently ‘in’. Link to our online catalogue is https://tinyurl.com/vbh67rb
- Place the form inside your bag with the books you are returning.
- Place your book bag inside the return box at Gate 1.
Librarians will collect those books and process all new book requests. New books will then be ready for students/parents to collect from Gate 1 between 9:00am – 11:00am on the following day. A delivery service is also available on request.
All books can then be returned during normal library times when we all return to school. Students should not be concerned if they have books in lockers at school. They can return them when school returns to normal.
For further information please email either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com