Bonjour la classe 5!
My name is Mr. Christophe and I will be teaching Grade 5, Novice 3.
I am teaching your child 3 periods of week of 40 minutes each time.
- on Wednesdays
- on Thursdays
- on Fridays
Since the beginning of school year, we all have been focusing on classroom routines and getting to know each others in order for students and I to create a good classroom environnement and to build community so everybody is enjoying learning French all year long.
Recently, we have started a new unit and our central idea is Language with the use of description and questions can support our responsibility to be caring with animals.
Our learning intentions for the unit are :
- Student will be able to name animals parts and use adjectives to describe them.
- Students will be able to use the verb ”to be” and ”to have” in French.
- Students will be able to present to the class orally and with a visual their favorite animal.
- Students will be able to build a dialogue with their classmate after the presentation and ask questions.
- Students will be able to answer questions from their classmate about their presentations.
This last couple of weeks, students have been learning and practicing the new vocabulary of the unit. They use Quizlet to get familiar with the spelling. They have also learn that the spelling adjectives can change with gender and numbers.
Students can practice at home the vocabulary if they wish with Quizlet. I have sent invitation to students to sign up so they can practice.
Below are some pictures when students looked at the classroom agreement and make connection with the IB learner profile in French.