It has been another busy week in K2D. We started to explore what it means to be a scientist and what thinking like a scientist really is. We will continue our scientific thinking for the duration of this unit.
Mathematical Word Problems
Each week in K2D we work on a mathematical word problem. Our focus at the moment is Mathematical Practice number 3 – Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others. This put simply means showing your thinking. Here are some examples from this week.
Chocolate Field Trip
Our senses provocation yielded many questions about chocolate. We will investigate these questions further by going on a field trip to Maison Marou Chocolate on 11 December. Please complete the permission form sent home today and return it to school as soon as possible.
Double Mystery Reader Week
We were very lucky to have two mystery reader’s this week. On Monday Melanie, Grace’s mum read us In my Heart by Jo Witek and Alan, Julia’s dad, read us The Only Penguin by Gemma Cary. The children adore having mystery readers and we would love more family members to sign up.
Reminders for next week
- Next week will be Week B. The children are working on a Ninja Warrior unit in PE. Please insure your child comes to school in sports shoes on PE days.
- December 7 and 8 Aristocats Musical performed by students in Grade 2 and 3. Please get your tickets from The Performing Arts Centre if you plan to attend.
- December 11 Chocolate field trip
- December 12 is Winterfest. Please look out for details from the Middle School in Tin Tuc
- December 14-January 5 Winter Break
- If you would like to sign up to be a mystery reader, please add your name to this form.
Thank you and have a lovely weekend.