We have had a wonderful time celebrating SDG Week. Thank you to all the families who sent children to school with snacks and lunch boxes without wrapping, box drinks and single use plastic. It would be wonderful for this to continue throughout the year. 🙂
Below are some photographs of our children participating in SDG Week activities such as: gardening, composting, yoga, building with repurposed materials and skateboarding with our Grade 4 buddies. What lucky children they are.
On Wednesday, Claire, Jay’s Mum, was our Mystery Reader. The class were delighted by a wonderful book called Is that you, Wolf?
Please sign up here so you can be our next Mystery Reader.
Preparations for UN Day
UN Day is this Monday, 23 October. Please remember to send your child to school in national dress. Please remember to sign up for the K2 shared lunch on the link sent to you by our class parent Memory. School will finish at 1pm for students. I look forward to seeing you all at the UN Day celebrations.
Here is a sneak preview from this morning’s rehearsal.
Coffee Morning and Home Reading
Thank you to all the parents who attended this morning’s Reading Coffee Morning. It was wonderful to have such a large turn out. Take home reading books will start coming home next Tuesday. Please remember to return the reading folder to school each day and contact me if you have any questions.
- Next week will be Week B. The children will have swimming on Tuesday and Friday. This will be the last week of swimming in PE until March. More information about swimming can be found on the PE and Aquatics Blog.
- Please sign up to be Mystery Reader here
- UN Day is Monday 21 October. This is a half day for students.
- The UNIS Library is now open Saturdays from 9-12.
- There will be no school for children on Monday November 11 as it is a staff development day.
Thank you and have a lovely weekend.