Dear K1C Parents
I hope this blog finds you all well.
This is my final Friday blog for you all. I will certainly send some pictures of the last few days at school but this will officially be the last blog this school year.
This week in K1C we have been talking about our year together, what we have learned, what we enjoyed, and the friends we made. We visited all of the K2 classrooms to get a feel of what next year might be like and recognized that there are many connections across K1 and K2. After visiting the K2C classroom today the feeling of excitement about next year is palpable, although we recognize that feeling nervous is ok too.
We will meet with Hannah, Jack, and Ms. Jacqui on zooms next week and despite the distance, we remain connected. We will be sending home memories next week and hope that in years to come it will raise a smile.
Here are some pictures of our visit to K2C today.
- Practicing crossing the midline by making horizontal figure 8s and new hand games.
- Playing number games on zoom with Ms. Jacqui
- Building, building, building – my engineers never tire of building.
- Assembly on zoom and playing Kahoot with the entire elementary school.
- Visiting K2 and finding out what life after K1 might be like.
- Filling our positive pom-pom jar because we have shown so many acts of kindness – so on Monday, we get to celebrate with a water balloon toss, popcorn, and a movie!
- The last day of school is next Wednesday, June 10th.12:00pm is pick up for all students and lunch will not be provided.
- If you have any overdue library books please return them.