Hi K1C Families,
The kids and I are finding it weird to be already counting down to the end of the year, but we are down to 8 days! Here are some highlights from the week:
- We had all hands helping to create and bring our dragon, Fire Breather, and his story to life.
- Outside play – we were so excited to get a turn on the small playground and get down and dirty in the mud kitchen.
- Sebi shared his book, RescueBots, that he wrote at home.
- Our shape investigation had us looking at the world around us to see shapes in “regular” items in our world.
- Counting by tally marks – we went on a toad hunt to see how many toads were in the WHOLE school – we found so many other interesting creatures on the journey.
- On Thursday, we had a birthday celebration for Sayuri. Happy 5th birthday Sayuri!
- Number recognition – we are learning one parent’s phone number and how to dial it.
- The Grand Walk – we cheered on the grade 12, 2020 graduates of UNIS
- ALL Library books were due today Friday, May 29th, please bring in any that are still at home.
- Friday, June 5th is Moving Up Day. All K1 students will go to see and spend some time in K2 classrooms with K2 teachers.
- Show and Tell – If your child would like to bring something to show the class they can do it on any or all days next week.
Here are some pictures from the week:
Your partners in learning,
Ms. Lindsey & Ms. Hien