Dear Families in K1C,
It seems funny to write that we are settling in, but it’s true. The children in K1C have done a great job this week of solidifying the new routines that we’ve established for the remainder of the year. With a few short weeks left until summer break they have rallied to the challenge of change. They have also done well with needing to spend hours inside as the heat index has risen.
This week we returned to our ‘How We Express Ourselves’ unit of inquiry. The children have created a story about a dragon called Fire Breather. This story will come to life in different ways next week in music and art class. Be on the lookout for the original K1C story on Seesaw.
Highlights From The Week:
- Discovering cicadas on the playground and building on our knowledge of their life cycle
- Collaborating as a class on the creation of our dragon named, Fire Breather, and his epic story
- Creating individual clay models of curious creatures
- Playing games to help develop our self-regulation skills – see this article for more information
- Moving every morning with the PE team for Wellness Week
- Laughing, playing and enjoying each other’s company
ALL Library books must be returned by next Friday, May 29th.
If you have chosen the school lunch option for your child please look through the menu with them as most of the children only want to eat the dessert and not the other options. We encourage healthy choices in K1 and are trying to help them eat balanced meals.
Enjoy some photos here.
Enjoy a restful weekend.