It’s been a busy week in K1! Here are some of the highlights:
- Linking to the unit ‘How the world works’ we had a visit from Ms. Tao, a local potter, whose family has been working in clay for 250 years! The children all made a pot which will be coming home as soon as they are dry. I will post photos to Seesaw this week.
- We voted unanimously to try a different format for show and tell. Mystery Show and Tell is off to a great start. Thank you for your patience while we worked this out.
- In Vietnamese class the children made Banh chung.
- Ms Hien made spring rolls with the children in cooking.
- We visited the 4th grade Market day and helped support the many charities that UNIS is involved with.
- Our buddies came to visit with the board games they created for the last unit and we made rat hats to celebrate the year of the rat.
- The children continue to be interested in ice and water. They have been making colored water and dropping treasure in the trays.
- Our potions lab has seen a few new potions to help put out fires in Australia. The children are concerned about the animals.
- Yuya turned 5 on Thursday!
- On a sad note we have had to say good-bye to Emily. Her family is relocating but we have heard she will be back for K2!
Photos for week 18.
Dates to Remember
- Report cards released Tuesday, January 21
- Parent Teacher Conferences Wednesday January 22 No School for Students
- Tet Assembly Thursday January 23 Parents welcome to attend 9:25 in the Auditorium. Please send your child to school in traditional Vietnamese dress if possible.
- No School Friday January 24
- School resumes Monday February 3