Dear K1C Parents,
It is hard to believe that we have only been together three days! From the moment the children walked through the door on Wednesday morning they seem to have known what to do and how to do it without a whole lot of help from me or Ms. Hien. I am excited to learn alongside your children as both a guide and a resource as we become a community of friends, inquirers, researchers, scientists, mathematicians and artists to name just a few!
Here are some observations and overheard conversations I was fortunate to experience…
Magic potion was being made in the loft to turn people into giants.
“But don’t drink it inside or you’ll break the roof”.
I’ll drink it and then take over the world!”
“Everyone prepare to get shrunked!”
“I can’t draw 4 people but I can draw 68”
“Put it in the middle so we both can see it”
We had sticky playdough and I asked the children if they had any ideas about how to make it less sticky. I told them the ingredients of the playdough and they wanted to try adding more flour which we had plenty of in the kitchen. The kids spent most of the morning at this table experimenting with how much was needed to make the playdough better.
At the end of the day on Wednesday I gave each of the children a clipboard to draw what they remembered. We spent some time reflecting as a group to help us recall all that had happened and then I asked the children to draw what they enjoyed most. Luy drew the dragon from the dragon dance at our assembly. Mimi drew a picture of the outside play area. Their drawings are hanging in the classroom and you are welcome to come take a look.
Mr. Clark the digital technology coach came to visit from the IT department. He brought along a voice machine that had the children fully engaged as he showed them how he could make their voices sound different. There were lots of smiles, laughter and wonder in our classroom during his visit.
- PE uniforms and sports shoes should be worn to school on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Children need to have hats, full water bottles and a morning snack each day. Hats must be worn during outside play.
- Afternoon snack (fruit) is provided by the school. Please send a healthy morning snack
- Help us build our maker space! We will need a continuous supply of cardboard, boxes, corks, bottle caps, tubes, coffee capsules, etc. (you name it we could probably use it!)
- Please remember to send in or email family photos. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enjoy many more photos from this week. K1C Media