Dear K1B Parents
Hope this blog finds you all well. It is strange to think that another holiday is nearly upon us when we are only just back!
Highlights of the week:-
- Linking to ‘How The World Works’ a potter came to visit on Tuesday and the children had fun spinning the wheel.
- Visit to Market Day.
- We visited Big C in the ‘Maker Space’ and tried to finish our boxes. As a bonus, some children got to make a new box using the make-do equipment. Big C also turned us into various animals!
- Liam, Suzu’s brother came to be our ‘Mystery Reader’. Great job Liam, thank you!
- Buddies came to visit and we made rat hats to celebrate the year of the rat.
- We ate our green beans fresh from the garden.
- We made our cloud experiments individually and recapped on water and where it comes from. On Monday we shall visit the UNIS well – now that’s pretty exciting. I have asked the children to research what a well is over the weekend, so be ready for some questions.
- We made Banh Chung in Vietnamese. I hope you all enjoyed it.
Dates for your diary:-
- Tuesday 21st January – Report cards will be shared on Veracross.
- Wednesday 22nd January – Parent Teacher Student Conferences. 0800-1600. If you have not already done so please sign up. If you are unable to make this day please contact me and make an appointment for after the holidays. I am flexible.
- Thursday 23rd January – Last Day of School before Tet Holiday – don’t forget to let your child wear Vietnamese dress to school. Please join our Tet Assembly at 0925 in the theatre.
- Friday 24th January – Friday 31st January – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Monday 3rd February – School re-opens.
Here are the photographs to share with your children over the weekend.
Enjoy your weekend.
With kind regards.
Ms. M and Ms. Thu