It’s been a busy week back in K1A. Your children have been resilient as they have adjusted to wearing masks, new routines, a changed classroom, not being able to mix with other classes and having a new homeroom teacher. They have reconnected with friends and are fostering new friendships.
We have shared smiles (beneath the masks), stories, writing letters to our friends who are not here and a great deal of play. Please see some photos from the week here.
- Resuming our specialist classes, Art, PE, Music and Vietnamese.
- Pajama Day, Mr Josh coming in to read ‘My Dad’ and enjoying a cookie during our afternoon story session.
- Designing our own viruses and monsters.
- A zoom Assembly for friends far and near across our Elementary School.
- Keeping track of how many books we have read using our read-o-meter.
- Exploring new play spaces as we continue to remain separate from other classes
Thank you for sending in healthy snacks as the children are very hungry throughout the day. We are staying hydrated and washing hands often. Thank you for all of the practicing you have done at home.
As is to be expected many of the children are tired towards the end of the day. This is just a friendly reminder of the importance of getting your child to bed early. The recommended hours of sleep for a child aged 4 -5 is 10 – 11 hours of sleep. See this article for additional information.
We are looking forward to next week when the focus will be on Wellness supported with activities from the PE department.