It was so wonderful to see the children again this week and to hear all about the holidays. It was a week of transition as the children settled back into school routines and reconnected with friends. Luckily the nice weather and generally clean air meant we could play outside with the rest of our Discovery and K1 community as well.
As part of our “Who we are” unit of inquiry, we will be celebrating Tet over the next few weeks. Please see information below for details about some special dates and events.
This week the children met Ms. Clare who has returned from her maternity leave to teach PE for the rest of the school year.
Please see this link for photos from this week: K1A Media Folder
Show and Tell continues next week – see below for details
- Tues Jan 14th: Grade 4 Market Service Day. Please send in up to 100,000 VND with your child. Please see the Tin Tuc for more details.
- Mon Jan 20th: DA and K1A will visit our sister school, 20/10, to celebrate Tet. A permission form with more details will be sent home next week. Children should wear their ao dai to school.
- Tues Jan 21st: Reports cards will be shared on Veracross
- Weds Jan 22nd: Student-Parent-Teacher Conferences. Students will only come to school during their conference time. Please see the Tin Tuc for details about the conferences and how to register. I will email home more details closer to the date.
- Jan 23: Tet assembly. Please wear ao dai to school.
- Jan 24-31: Tet holiday. No school.
Show and Tell
- We will have Show & Tell every week unless otherwise noted in the Tin Tuc
- Your child will have the same Show & Tell day every week
- Please help your child choose 1 item only. Each week I will post a note in the Tin Tuc about what the children should bring for Show & Tell the following week.
- Please do not let your child bring toys or other valuable items to school that are not for Show & Tell
- Please do not send toys and other objects to school on other days of the week
Next week, please help your child bring in another favourite object from home (toy, book, photo….)
Tuesdays: Anu, Ella, Eunjae, Faas
Wednesdays: Fula, Kairi, Max, Mayra
Thursdays: Mici, Mina, Nimo, Noah K.
Fridays: Noah T., Shao-ting, Thomas, Zayn