Here are some important notes:
New Unit of Inquiry:
As we move into our new unit of inquiry ‘How the world works’ we will be creating a K1A Maker Space. “A ‘Makerspace’ is a metaphor for a unique learning environment that encourages tinkering, play and open-ended exploration for all,” Laura Fleming, author of Worlds of Making. Please send in any clean materials that would be useful for the children to build with. Examples include yoghurt pots, tubes, cereal boxes…. It would also be useful for the children to have old keyboards, broken calculators or other bits of technology that you no longer require that do not hold electricity.
The children will be bringing home “found treasure bags” to fill and return to class. Please see the note that comes with the bag for further information.
K1A at Assembly:
K1A will share our learning at an assembly on Thursday November 21st at 9:25am in the Centre for the Arts auditorium. Parents are welcome to attend.
K1A parents are welcome to join in the learning on Tuesday November 19th at the following times:
8:30-9:20am: Vietnamese culture class with Ms. Dhung
9:25-10:15: Music class with Ms. Liz
*Please note there will not be canteen lunch available for parents to purchase. You may wish to purchase a snack or sandwich from the cafe if you are staying at school over the lunch hour.
Show and Tell:
- Please help your child choose 1 item only.
- Next week, please help your child bring in a favourite storybook from home. It does not need to be in English.
- Please do not let your child bring toys or other valuable items to school that are not for Show & Tell
- Please do not send toys and other objects to school on other days of the week
- Tuesdays: Anu, Ella, Eunjae, Faas
- Wednesdays: Fula, Kairi, Max, Mayra
- Thursdays: Mici, Mina, Nimo, Noah K.
- Fridays: Noah T., Shao-ting, Thomas, Zayn
*Monday November 11th: Professional Development Day – no school for students
*Please note I will include photos from this week in next week’s post.