This week we continued our inquiry under the transdisciplinary theme ‘Who we are,‘ with the central idea: ‘We know we belong and have a sense of connection to others and the environment.‘ The children continued to explore the colours and symbols of the SDGs as well as flags from our home countries. We started to learn and share ideas about the rights of children around the world. What do you think all children in the world SHOULD have? Please help at home by talking to your child about the meaning of “rights and responsibilities” in your home language/s.
On Thursday we had a Lower Elementary School Assembly. We watched K2A & K2B share their learning about identity.
In math we are beginning to learn about the days of the week, and exploring how to make numbers in different ways.
Thank you for helping us celebrate UN Day at UNIS. It was wonderful to see all of our families eating together at the community lunch.
Show and Tell starts next week. Please see the details below about how Show & Tell works in K1.
Please see this link for photos from this week: K1A Media Folder
- No more swimming next week
- Show and Tell starts next week – see below for details
- Thursday October 31st: Dress up day – see Tin Tuc for more details
- Monday November 11th: Professional Development Day – no school for students
Show and Tell
Show and Tell starts next week. Show & Tell helps to build community, make connections between home and school, and boost language skills such as using descriptive language, public speaking, asking questions, and attentive listening.
- We will have Show & Tell every week unless otherwise noted in the Tin Tuc
- Your child will have the same Show & Tell day every week
- Please help your child choose 1 item only. Each week I will post a note in the Tin Tuc about what the children should bring for Show & Tell the following week. Next week, please help your child bring in a favourite object from home (toy, book, photo….)
- Please do not let your child bring toys or other valuable items to school that are not for Show & Tell
- Please do not send toys and other objects to school on other days of the week
- Tuesdays: Anu, Ella, Eunjae, Faas
- Wednesdays: Fula, Kairi, Max, Mayra
- Thursdays: Mici, Mina, Nimo, Noah K.
- Fridays: Noah T., Shao-ting, Thomas, Zayn
Thank you for your support!