Dear Parents in K1A,
This week week has flown by and we have done a lot of learning and growing.
We dipped back into our “How the World Works” central idea this week as the class opened the JAFA store. This was complete with items handmade from play dough wrapped in bamboo to homemade money. They negotiated and worked as a team to create a splendid store.
We enjoyed Arts Week and creating alongside our distance learning friends and continued with some stand alone inquiries into water and clay. Working with clay is a good way to support fine motor development, a skill that supports writing and drawing.
- The Grand Walk – celebrating our grade 12 students as they finish their schooling at UNIS
- Opening the JAFA store in K1A
- Singing, dancing and laughing
- Creating art using line, empty space, shape and color
- Crossing the midline and practicing hand clapping games
- Discovering some consonant and vowel letter sounds
- Practicing how to write our names with correct pencil grip and directionality
- All library books are due back today May 29th
- Next Friday is Moving Up Day where your child will visit K2 to see what they can see – individual teachers will not be assigned until August
- Wednesday June 10th is the final day of school for students. The day finishes at 12:00. There will be no lunch on this day.
Show and Tell
Next week we will have a final week of show and tell. Please help your child choose 1 item to bring to school on their day. This is not mandatory.
Monday – Eunjae, Thomas, Anu
Tuesday – Faas, Mina, Ella
Wednesday – Noah K, Shao Ting, Mici
Thursday – Mayra, Fula, Nimo
Friday – Max and Noah T
We look forward to 8 more great days in K1A.
Please enjoy some photos from this week.