For students who will be returning to UNIS in the fall they had a wonderful morning exploring a K2 classroom and spending time learning about what K2 is like for next year. Our leaving students had a series of activities together with all of the leavers across the elementary school. Both groups were given the time and space to think about the transitions coming their way.
When we returned to our K1 A classroom Noah K asked, “Ms. Kris will you miss us after next Wednesday?” My answer was a resounding, “YES!” K1 A is a wonderful group of students who have shown resilience, kindness and togetherness throughout the year and in our five weeks together at the end. This is due to your wonderful children and the love and care that Ms. Charla gave to the students during her time in K1A. And of course a big thanks to Ms. Nhung who has supported the children through all of the changes this year. We are a class filled with gratitude.
- Exploring with water and shaving cream
- Learning about length through our names
- Assembly on zoom and playing Kahoot with the entire elementary school.
- Visiting K2 and finding out what life after K1 might be like.
- Last day of school. Next Wednesday at pick up at 12:00 – lunch will not be provided.
- If you have any overdue library books please return them.
Here are some photos from the week, including some fine motor fun. I hope you find some time over the weekend to enjoy with your child. This will be the final Friday blog post from K1A.
With kindest regards.
Ms. Kris and Ms. Nhung