This was an important week for UNIS as we focussed on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for SDG Week. On Tuesday all of the children in Discovery and K1 visited all of the D/K1 classrooms to learn about different SDGs – Quality Education, Gender Equality, Life Below Water, and Responsible Consumption. We investigated the colours and symbols of all 17 SDGs and shared our thinking about what the symbols might mean. We also read a series of books related to the SDGs, and shared ideas about how we can work together to make our world a better place. We continued to work together to create our class Essential Agreements. The students have finished drawing and writing about their ideas and our agreements are displayed in the class. The agreements will be shared on the students’ SeeSaw accounts.
Please see important information about UN Day Celebrations on Monday below, as well as in the school’s Tin Tuc entries.
K1A will have a final swimming session next Friday. After October 25th we return to our regular PE sessions.
Please see this link for photos from this week: K1A Media Folder
I look forward to seeing you all on Monday!
UN Day Monday – important information for K1
- children should come to school already wearing their national dress
- drop off your community lunch contributions in the ECC gym before the assembly
- be seated in the Sports Centre by 11am
- after the assembly, meet your child back at our classroom for lunch and dismissal – please do not take your children from the Sports Centre, nor pull them out of the class line walking back to the ECC
- each child will be marked off as they are picked up from the classroom. Let Ms. Charla know if you are taking your child home, or if s/he is taking the bus.
- once you collect your child from the classroom s/he is under your care -please help your child with lunch and supervise on the playground
- dismissal is at 1pm. Children going home on the bus should be brought back to the classroom at 12:50. Thank you!
- Friday October 25th: Final swimming session
- Thursday October 31st: Dress up day – more details will be shared in the Tin Tuc
- Show and tell will start the last week of October. Please see details in next week’s blog