- All next week: Please send in your pre-loved but now mostly ignored books for our used book sale!! (English, foreign language, children’s or adults!)
29th-May 1st- No school, Vietnamese Holiday
- Thursday, May 2nd: Book week- character parade! Come dressed as a favorite book character!
- Friday, May 3rd: SCO Used Book Sale: Bring money to buy books!
Questions to ask your child:
- What are the 7 elements of art? Can we look at a piece of art and discuss using these?
- What are differences between ‘likes’ and values? How are you expressing your values through art?
- What are fractions? How can you describe them? What do you know about them already? What are you hoping to learn about them?
- Why do we cheer on other teams when they come to visit UNIS? What does that say about what we, as a school, value?
- What are different strategies for division? Show me 3 ways to divide 50 by 5
- How can you add more descriptive details in writing? How have you improved your retelling of Gopher Broke?
- What is 378 – 91? What are some ways we can figure it out?
- Who are some artists that have visited our classroom? What have you learned from them?
- How did you prepare for Student-Led Conferences? How can we work on your learning goals together?
- Can you teach me how to play some multiplication games? How do games help you practice, and eventually, know your facts?
- What are you working on with your reading group?
- What books are you reading? What is Ms. Jenny reading to you?
- What are do you need to improve in math? What are some things we can do to help you improve?