Questions to ask your child:
- Describe what it means to be in the Green, Yellow, Blue or Red ‘Zones.’ When are you in those zones? How do you change zones?
- What are important features of graphs?
- How do we make sense of information when solving problems?
- How are the SDG’s related to each other?
- What is a ‘teaspoon of change’ that we, as a family, can do together to make a difference?
- What items were on your list of reasons why Earth is special (and shouldn’t be ‘cleared’)? —This is in reference to Sputnik’s Guide to Life on Earth?
- What are some things that impact animals and the environment? Which of those are caused by humans and which are natural? Which are positive and which are negative?
- What books have you read this week?
- What books have Ms. Jenny read to you?
- Have you changed your reading book this week? What books have you checked out from the library! (Parents, this is part of their weekly reading menu expectations….if your child is not bringing home books, please let me know!
- What learner profile do you think you have shown most this week? Which one do you want to show more often?
- What did you make your graph about? What did you do well? What could you improve? What did you learn about making bar graphs?
- What was your favorite part of UN Day? What does UN Day mean to you?
- What do you know about the United Nations?
Check out the G3 Learning Space for more details about what we’re working on and ideas how to support your child’s learning at home!
Pictures to share and discuss with your child: (please click arrows to see the whole album)