Questions to ask your child:
- What is a Math Menu?
- How does a pulley work?
- What is a machine? What ideas do you have for making your own machine?
- What books have you read this week? What books has Ms. Jenny read to you?
- What are SDG’s? How can we help to achieve them?
- What are some of our behavior goals as a class? What ideas do you have to make our classroom a better place to learn for everyone?
- What are some of your learning goals?
- How does iMovie work? What was challenging? What do you want to learn more about?
- What are some different things we measure? How do we measure angles? What have we learned about measuring distance/length, mass, and capacity? What do they have in common?
- What is a Procedural Text? What Procedural Text might you write about next week?
- What is empathy? How can we practice it?
- What is Readworks? How is it similar and different to Newsela?
- What did you enjoy most about your gymnastics performance? Can we watch it together? (Please read PE blog post for the videos!)
Parent-Teacher Conferences, October 1Times are quick, so please come on time and prepared with any questions or information you would like me to know about your child. Students are welcome to attend!
Math Coffee Morning,8:30-9:30 Friday, October 5 (Creativity Space)Join us for an informal and interactive conversation about the mathematics’ development at your child’s grade level. We will discuss the what and why’s about mathematics instruction and how learning can be supported outside of school.
Autumn Break, October 8-12No School!
Some photos from this week…ask your child what’s happening! (Sorry, embed link not working…please click the links to the folder.)