Making personal contact with students by scheduling conference calls has provided opportunities for engagement, feedback and personal connections this week. On Monday, the MSHS Grade level mentors set a goal to reach out to each one of their mentees this week. One teacher shared that her conference calls with her students have felt very special, “I got to tell them that I’m missing them at school and we had a chance to talk one-on-one like we don’t usually have time for”. A Grade 10 student during their video call told one mentor, “I love the online learning week because it’s fun using video to chat with my teachers–and I get to wake up later! I enjoy the challenge of working my schedule on my own”.
- “I think Distance Learning has been developed well.” – Grade 7 Student
- “Being able to wake up later but still get work done.” – Grade 9 Student
- “Freedom to make your own schedule throughout the day” – Grade 11 Student
- “I can be flexible with the amount of time I spend on each assignment” – Grade 12
- “The ability to manage our own time/do whatever work we want in any order.” – Grade 8
- “Seeing the teachers even if I’m not in school.” – Grade 11 Student