Get Your Curiosity Burning with The Flame

The Flame, UNIS Hanoi’s student-led High School student newspaper, has just published several new articles which can be read online at theflame.unishanoi.org please bookmark this page!

In addition to the website, a new print edition has been delivered to student and teacher subscribers, with extra print copies available for the public placed in central high school student locations such as the library and the DP Lounge. The wider school community is encouraged to read The Flame online.

The mission of The Flame is to produce high-quality, relevant, and engaging journalism for high school students and the wider community. A dedicated group of student editors, writers and designers devote time outside of class to creating new content for the paper regularly, led this year by chief editors and Grade 12 students Annika Moore and Jina Park.

The Flame was started in 2012 as a student-led co-curricular activity. After operating for six years as an online-only newspaper, The Flame published its first print edition in June 2018 to complement the online website. The Flame will continue to regularly publish student-produced writing and multimedia content in print and online formats. Articles are added to The Flame website every 2-3 weeks, and the print edition will be published once during each academic quarter.

Scott Schaffner
High School Principal