- How do students engage with assessment rubrics?
- Example of developing conceptual understanding.
- The explicit teaching of ATL skills
- Spend a short time in 2 different MYP classrooms then debrief what we see.
If you were unable to attend the part 1 session – ‘What is the MYP’ – which gives you basic understanding of the MYP concepts, please make sure to register for the next one coming up on January 22. The part 2 – Appyling the MYP will also be repeated on January 29.
What is the MYP (Jan 22) Is a lecture based talk designed to give you basic understanding of the MYP concepts and language surround our curriculum.
- What is conceptual learning / understanding?
- What is the purpose of the statement of inquiry and inquiry questions?
- What does learning in context mean? – (global contexts)
- Assessment in the MYP – How does criterion based assessment work?
- formative and summative assessment
- Approaches to Learning Skills (ATLs)