Dear Parents and Students,
The Walk-a-thon is an annual Elementary School fundraising event, at UNIS Hanoi, in support of the Blue Dragon Children’s Foundation.
The Blue Dragon Children’s Foundation is a charity that works with children in crisis in Vietnam. Blue Dragon kids are street kids, children with disabilities, children from rural families living in extreme poverty, and victims of human trafficking and slavery. Blue Dragon’s aim is to rescue kids from danger, reunite them with their families when they can, and provide all the services needed for recovery and growth.
For more information go to: http://www.bluedragon.org/
The Walk-a-thon is an afternoon when all of the ES joins in a walk/run of laps around the sports field. Students are encouraged to collect sponsorship for their participation.
Last year the UNIS Elementary School raised close to $20,000!
There are two methods of sponsorship.
|Amount per lap
- A sponsorship form will be sent home with your child.
- Return the sponsorship form to your child’s class teacher by January 24.
- The teacher will write the number of laps completed at the end of the day.
- Donations can be brought to school after the Walkathon.
- Donations can be collected in US Dollars or in Vietnamese Dong.
- The final due date for donations is Friday, 22 February.
on behalf of the Blue Dragon Walk-a-Champions
Help make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged children!