Thank you to those of you who were able to come to one of the open classroom sessions. I hope the opportunity provided insight into teaching and learning in K2D.
Over the last few weeks Literacy centres have become a larger part of our learning. On Monday and Tuesday morning’s the children engage in writing centres. These rotations consist of journal writing, handwriting, drawing and phonemic awareness. On Wednesday and Thursday morning the children work on reading centres. Reading centres include small group guided reading, sight word and phonemic awareness games, and independent reading using the RAZ Kids app on IPads. I am delighted with the progress all the students in the class have made in such a short space of time.
In our buddy session this week we talked about ways we can work towards achieving the SDGs with our Grade 4 buddies. The children came up with lots of ways they are working to be kind to each other and to care for the environment. We will continue to make this a focus in our buddy time in the lead up to SDG Week and UN day.
It was Ms Diep’s birthday yesterday. Claire drew this lovely portrait of Ms Diep earlier in the week that I couldn’t help sharing with you. 🙂
- Please ensure your child is wearing runners/trainers on PE days. PE in November will involve outside obstacle courses.
- Friday 23 November is Ninja Warrior culmination day. Click here to see the PE Blog for more details.
- Friday 30 November is UN Day. Please refer to the email from Nathalie regarding the shared lunch.
- Please ensure your child has a hat in their school bag every day so they are sun safe in the playground.
- I still need headphones for a few children to use the RAZ Kids app at school. Headphones are sold at the school shop. 🙂
Thank you and have a lovely weekend.