We have been very busy this week getting to know more of our K2D families.Thank you to all the families that shared this week.
On Tuesday, Joseph’s parent’s Shannon and Christine shared with us information about the USA. We learned about California, Joseph’s home state, and the sports and foods that are popular in America. We even tried the most popular candy bar and cookies from America.
On Thursday, Jenna’s mum, Esther, came to K2D and talked with us about Uganda. We learned about Ugandan food, music, dancing and national dress. We especially enjoyed learning about the meaning behind the Ugandan flag.
Seo Jun’s mum, Jeein, came in this morning and taught us how to count in Korean. She also taught us how to bow to our elders as part of Korean New Year celebrations. After children have bowed, they receive bags with money in them for the New Year. After we bowed today we received bags of cookies. Lucky us!
Also today, Hoang Linh’s mum, Nhung, taught us about Vietnam’s Autumn Moon festival. We really enjoyed listening to the Vietnamese music.
Today we also celebrated Lina’s birthday with cake and singing. We hope Lina has a lovely day celebrating tomorrow with her family.
- I will be away from the classroom next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as I will be attending an Advantage Math course. Ms Renate will be covering me. Please email Ms Diep if you have messages on those days.
- Thursday 20th September – we will be celebrating the Autumn Moon Festival at school. Students wear Vietnamese Ao Dai.
- Tuesday 11th September 8am – Parent Community Morning with Head of School.
- ES Snack Sale on Monday 17 September.
- Thursday 27th September – EAL Coffee Morning for new families (returning families are also welcome to attend).
- Friday 28th September 8.30am – K2 Coffee Morning with Ms Beth.
- Monday 1st October – ES Parent-Teacher Conferences (no School or ASAs for ES).
- Monday 8th to Friday 12th October – Autumn Break.
Thank you to the parents who attended the information night. Here is a link to the slides.
Have a lovely weekend.